Bloody Maria Pasta Fagoli
When it came time to make a soup for the Mix It Up Cookbook, we couldn't decide on one, so we made four! They are easy, perfectly spiced, freezable, and such a crowd pleaser! Be sure to check out all 4!
Start with the Soup Base then add the ingredients to create the end flavor you're looking for!
If you're like us, we usually Mix It Up with a Bloody Maria cocktail while dancing to music while we cook a big pot of soup!
Celery 2 stalks
Garlic 2 cloves
Onion 1 small
Vegetable Broth 8 cups
Olive oil 1 Tbsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Pepper 1/4 tsp
Bay leaves 2
Rosemary 1/4 tsp
Thyme 1/4 tsp
Oregano 1/4 tsp
1. Dice veggies and saute in olive oil for 5-7 mins.
2. Add seasonings, broth, and Bloody Maria Mix
3. Add Recipe ingredients on p. 25
4. Bring to a boil & cook until veggies are soft and any pasta, rice, lentils are cooked.
Bloody Maria Pasta FagioliDiced Tomatoes 2 cups
Bloody Maria Mix 2 cups
Ditalini Pasta 1 cup
Kidney Beans 2 cups ~ 1 can
Black Beans 2 cups ~ 1 can
Kale(optional) 1 small bunch
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Start with Soup Base Recipes on page 24
2.Add ingredients above
3.Bring to a boil. Cook until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally.
Makes 4-6 bowls.
*You can use diced fresh tomatoes or 2 cans of diced or crushed tomatoes, with chiles for added flavor.