Bloody Maria Red Lentil Soup
When it came time to make a soup for the Mix It Up Cookbook, we couldn't decide on one, so we made four! They are easy, perfectly spiced, freezable, and such a crowd pleaser! Be sure to check out all 4!
Start with the Soup Base then add the ingredients to create the end flavor you're looking for!
If you're like us, we usually Mix It Up with a Bloody Maria cocktail while dancing to music while we cook a big pot of soup!
Celery 2 stalks
Garlic 2 cloves
Onion 1 small
Vegetable Broth 8 cups
Olive oil 1 Tbsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Pepper 1/4 tsp
Bay leaves 2
Rosemary 1/4 tsp
Thyme 1/4 tsp
Oregano 1/4 tsp
1. Dice veggies and saute in olive oil for 5-7 mins.
2. Add seasonings, broth, and Bloody Maria Mix
3. Add Recipe ingredients on p. 25
4. Bring to a boil & cook until veggies are soft and any pasta, rice, lentils are cooked.
Bloody Maria Red Lentil SoupDiced Tomatoes 2 cups
Bloody Maria Mix 2 cups
Red Lentils 2 cups
Salt & Pepper to taste
Limes 2- juiced
Cilantro 1 small bunch
1. Start with Soup Base Recipes on page 24
2.Add ingredients above
3. Bring to a boil. Cook until lentils are tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Finish with a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro.
Makes 4-6 bowls.
*You can use diced fresh tomatoes or 2 cans of diced or crushed tomatoes, with chiles for added flavor.
Also in Blog
Are you looking for the best low sodium bloody mary recipe? Find it here. Learn how to make a great tasting drink that is half the sodium of most brands you will find in stores.