Bloody Maria Spicy Sausage & Kale Soup
When it came time to make a soup for the Mix It Up Cookbook, we couldn't decide on one, so we made four! They are easy, perfectly spiced, freezable, and such a crowd pleaser! Be sure to check out all 4!
Start with the Soup Base then add the ingredients to create the end flavor you're looking for!
If you're like us, we usually Mix It Up with a Bloody Maria cocktail while dancing to music while we cook a big pot of soup!
Celery 2 stalks
Garlic 2 cloves
Onion 1 small
Vegetable Broth 8 cups
Olive oil 1 Tbsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Pepper 1/4 tsp
Bay leaves 2
Rosemary 1/4 tsp
Thyme 1/4 tsp
Oregano 1/4 tsp
1. Dice veggies and saute in olive oil for 5-7 mins.
2. Add seasonings, broth, and Bloody Maria Mix
3. Add Recipe ingredients on p. 25
4. Bring to a boil & cook until veggies are soft and any pasta, rice, lentils are cooked.
Bloody Maria Spicy Sausage & Kale SoupSpicy Sausage 8 links cooked & diced
Bloody Maria Mix 2 cup
Sweet Potato 1 diced
Kale 4 -6 leaves destemmed & diced
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Cook sausage & dice
2. Dice sweet potato. Add in Soup Base Ingredients from Recipe on page 24.
3. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally.
Makes 4-6 bowls.
Also in Blog
Are you looking for the best low sodium bloody mary recipe? Find it here. Learn how to make a great tasting drink that is half the sodium of most brands you will find in stores.