NM Sloppy Joes
The classic Sloppy Joe is getting a makeover! These Green Chile Sloppy Joes taste similar to the ones you had growing up, but they feature spicy New Mexican Green Chile and Bloody Maria Mix for a tasty upgrade!
Cooking the meat for sloppy joes in the slow cooker makes for the most delicious, tender, and seasoned beef filling. The ingredients and flavors have so much time to meld making for an intensified delicious flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 12oz. Bloody Maria Mix
- 1/2 cup green chilies, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- Hamburger buns + 2-3 tablespoons of butter (optional)
- Pickles and chips, to serve on the side!
Set a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and once shimmering add in the diced onion. Saute for a couple of minutes and add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add in the lean ground beef and break up stirring until no longer pink and browned through.
Drain grease from the meat and transfer to the slow cooker. To the slow cooker, add Green Chile.
Add in the Bloody Maria Mix, and other Spices, salt to taste.
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring the mixture occasionally if you can. Taste and adjust any seasonings (adding extra salt, pepper, or brown sugar) if desired.
Before serving, lightly butter both sides of the buns and toast on a hot griddle or in a large skillet over medium high heat. Serve the meat filling on top of the bun and serve with pickles and chips if desired.