Spaghetti & Meatballs
Spaghetti and meatballs is a favorite around my house, and Bloody Maria makes it better! Whenever I make this dish, I make a double or triple batch so that I can freeze the leftovers. It makes for a quick and easy weeknight meal and let me tell you, it’s pretty amazing.
Stir all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for at least 15-30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 chopped cloves
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 16 oz. Bloody Maria Mix
Jarred Pasta sauce works too! Just add a little Bloody Maria Mix to your simmer to get the green chile flavor.
PRO TIP: Simmering a spaghetti sauce for a long time allows it to develop a lot of flavor. This recipe calls for 1-4 hours of simmering. If you don’t feel comfortable leaving it on the stove, simply transfer it all to a slow cooker and let it do all the simmering. Place it on high for 4-5 hours and you’ll have a well developed spaghetti sauce.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 oz. Bloody Maria Mix
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Place sauce in a large saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F
- In large bowl mix beef, eggs, crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt and Parmesan.
- Shape into 18 meatballs.
- Add Bloody Maria Mix to coat the bottom of a glass/ non stick cooking tray
- Place meatballs in tray, drizzle more mix over the tray
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve sauce and meatballs over warm spaghetti.
Serve with 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente. Add salt torapid boiling water (not before) to flavor pasta. Pasta is a great ingredient to have in your fridge, don't be afraid to cook more than you'll need.
Bon Provecho - Bon Apetit !!